As anticipated from past historical data of the typical winter months in real estate, it has been slow for the month of December. The real estate market in the city of Calgary has been slower for the entire city in general, but houses priced right, and in the right location will still fly off the shelf like hot cakes.
Overall, the Calgary Real Estate average prices has been dropping month over month since the beginning of 2018 because of a few economic factors.
Here are some reasons why the Real Estate Inventory has been slowing:
1. The consumer confidence seems to be at an all-time low.
2. The challenges in the Alberta Energy sector and record low Gas prices
3. Rising Bank of Canada interest rates appear to be hampering new buyers…
Especially at this time in the real estate cycle in Calgary, we are in a Slump, and may have certain reasons why you want to sell your house fast. An attractive program is to working with an agent to list your house with that provides a Guaranteed Sold Program. The isn't anything illegal or wrong about using this strategy, and it is attractive for individuals that are in a time crunch to sell their home. But it is rare that the program is in your best interest as a home seller.
CIR Realty does not offer this program because we share the same feeling as RECA does, and that is (according to RECA) "it is rarely the best option for consumers." RECA is the independent, non-government agency responsible for the regulation of Alberta’s real…
If you are trying to sell your house yourself, this is what it might sound like:
- Find a For Sale Buy Owner (FSBO) Handbook from your local Library or You Tube or Online Blog.
- Get your sledge hammer out, and get a for sale sign on your lawn. Go to the Dollar Store and get a few For Sale Signs and hang on every window and mailbox (don't forget to put your phone number or email in the tiny box below the sign).
- Go through your filing cabinet (or the place where you put all your random documents) and hope you have your city assessments from past years. Go onto the City website and find what your house is assessed at. Forget your password and have to jump through hoops to find out what your assessed house is online. Go on your bank
Proactive Seniors is Calgary's premier seniors housing consulting service. We help seniors and their families find their ideal location whether that be low-income subsidized seniors housing, funded supportive living or private pay retirement residences. We are the only company presenting all levels of housing and care within both the public and private markets, including dementia care facilities. We take a challenging and time consuming process and with our expertise and access, make it a quick, accurate and simple for seniors and their loved ones. With professional, in-person assessments and detailed knowledge of every available option in the city we make sure seniors are in the perfect location for them, the first time.
Best My Nest by CIR REALTY is a program that focuses on connecting you to the people, services and ideas in your community that make living your best life in your home possible.
By creating valuable local partnerships with local businesses who offer home products, or home related services, we have put together a vast network of vendors who all offer special discounts and service add-ons specifically for CIR and best-my-nest clients!
In addition to special cost savings, CIR REALTY, in conjunction with our Best My Nest vendors, are also committed to practical, fun and educational “house hacks” through our blog and monthly newsletter. We will also be hosting members only, hands on workshops, seminars and events to increase your DIY (do it yourself)…