Thank you for putting your trust in us as we guide you through the process of purchasing or selling real estate during COVID-19. We know that now more than ever it is vital to have the right company behind you to navigate these waters. We are so proud you have chosen to work with us, and we want you to know that we do not take that responsibility lightly.
Secondly, it’s important to recognize that real estate is an essential service, and our agents are well informed and ready to work with you to fulfill your real estate goals and needs. We are educated on the intricacies of protecting you, your property and how to most effectively navigate the real estate transaction during this pandemic.
We working with CIR Realty are leading the industry on implementing safety standards to keep you safe and to mitigate any health risks related to a real estate transaction. This guide is to help you understand what we are doing to protect you, your family, and what you can do to stay informed during the process of buying or selling a home during COVID-19.
There are a few things you should know about having your home for Sale during this crisis.
We are equipped with all the latest technology to showcase your property for the safe viewing convenience of Buyers online, and are ready to prepare both you and the prospective Buyers for an in-house viewing when appropriate, with safety precautions in place.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU SELL YOUR HOME AND KEEP YOU SAFE:
• Prepare a virtual tour of your home for prospective buyers to view as a first viewing opportunity.
• Conduct live and/or virtual open houses and tours which can be marketed online in advance to prospective Buyers world wide.
• Prepare a cohesive marketing plan for your property that maximizes online exposure.
• Have prospective Buyers complete a COVID-19 disclosure statement related to their current health and exposure history.
• Provide (when available) masks and gloves for safe view practices.
• Provide marketing materials to display in your home reminding Buyers of safe viewing practices.
• Provide continual updates to you regarding the current real estate market.
• Present offers to you virtually, especially if you or they are self-isolating.
• Provide electronic signing options.
Here are a few tips for you SELLING your home during COVID-19
- Make sure your home shows the best it possibly can for every showing.
- Leave all interior doors open and lights on to limit the necessity for Buyers to touch things in your home.
- Source (if possible) masks and hand sanitizer for Buyers to use during their showing
- Disinfect all high-touch areas (such as doorknobs, light switches, locks, cupboards, handles of
- To reassure buyers viewing your home, complete a COVID-19 disclosure statement related to your
current health and exposure history.
Just like working with Sellers during COVID-19, the safety of our Buyers is also a top priority.
We have implemented industry-leading guidelines for you to follow to help protect you
and your family.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU START THE PROCESS:
1. Sellers are only allowing serious Buyers through their properties.
You should be pre-approved through a qualified mortgage broker before you start the buying process.
2. You will likely need to complete a COVID-19 disclosure statement related to your current health and exposure history.
3. You have the right to ask a Seller to complete a COVID-19 disclosure statement related to their current health and exposure history.
4. Sellers are allowed to decline showings if they feel uncomfortable.
5. Many properties have virtual tours for you to view prior to viewing the property in person. The fewer showings needed, the less exposure you will have.
WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU BUY AND KEEP YOU SAFE:
• Provide you with a virtual tour first, so you can qualify if the home suits your needs before viewing it in person.
• Ask for the Sellers COVID-19 disclosure statement prior to visiting their home.
• Ask qualifying questions for us to ask the Seller’s representative to make sure the home fits your needs before viewing it.
• Provide you with information about the community and local amenities.
• Provide continual updates to you regarding the current real estate market, and how these changes may affect the price of the home you are interested in.
• Prepare offers for you virtually, especially if you or the sellers are self-isolating.
• Provide electronic signing options.
HERE ARE A FEW THINGS YOU CAN DO WHEN VIEWING HOMES
- Get pre-approved from your mortgage specialist. We are happy to refer you to one of our favourites if you need one.
- Try to avoid touching handles, light switches, etc while viewing properties.
- Limit in-person viewings to the properties you are the most serious about.
- Travel in your own vehicle.
- Keep social distancing during showings, even with your agent.
- Wear a mask during showings and bring hand sanitizer.
*Information above provided by CIR Realty